Monday, October 29, 2012

The Thing about Loopholes

The Thing about Loopholes

Lately we’ve been hearing a lot about “loopholes” from both sides of the political debate. In my particular instance, it’s not just at the national level but at my state and even local election levels, as well. 
The gist, as I am sure you already know, is that if we vote for him or her, they’d enforce a complete crackdown on those who are using so-called loopholes, which would allegedly result in more revenue flowing into the system so that good things would obviously happen for all of us. That sounds fine. However, I say, “Give us (or more appropriately, me) a big break!” 
If these loopholes are such a terrible thing, why do they exist in the first place? Who made the legislation and rules that created them?
Granted, one could argue that a given loophole might not be the intended goal of our lawmakers. But is anything preventing these politicians from closing them? There’s a Ghanaian saying to the effect that, If you place your finger in my mouth and hit me on the head, don’t wonder or complain when I bite your finger. What else should you expect?
The point I’m trying to drive home here is: Don’t give me a legitimate choice and then accuse me of using it. Doesn’t that sound rather ridiculous? It sure does to me. I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for ways that will legally (the keyword here is legally) maximize my gains, and I don’t feel even slightly guilty about following them to the full extent of the law.
Okay, this is going to sound obvious, but I’ll say it anyway. Instead of telling us about them (which amounts to nothing more than complaining), go ahead and close them. It shouldn’t be that difficult, should it?
__________________ 
If you’d like to learn more wisdom and common-sense information that will help you ensure that you don't lose a penny in the next market downturn, please contact us for straight, clear answers. What you don’t know matters as much as what you know! Call us at 877.656.9111 or visit us on the web to schedule your complimentary consultation TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in with your comments or questions: